The Night of the Crabs by Guy N. Smith

Night Of The Crabs - Guy N. Smith

Let me preface this by saying that this book was a blast! So why am I only rating it 2.5 stars, you ask?

Even though this book was a lot of fun, it's not exactly well written. I wasn't expecting horror literature, so that was okay with me.

I'm not sure if it was an editing issue, or if the original text was messed up, but there are a lot of weird things going on in the Kindle edition with exclamation points, capitalized letters in the middle of sentences and other things like that.

This book was written in the 70's so I had some issues with the views on women, but I understand this book is a product of its time, so that's cool.

Other than those issues this book was a great creature feature. Lots of bloody showdowns between the crabs, especially the KING crab, and mankind. Man usually coming out the loser, again and again. All kinds of bloody disasters and almost non stop action-other than the main characters falling in love within like 3 pages, which made this a quick read.

You know, every once in a while I need me some cheesy horror. Not everything can be The Haunting of Hill House. Sometimes, I just want to be entertained without thinking too much. If you're in need or in the mood for the Sharknado of books, this is the one for you!

Recommended for fans of cheesy horror creature feature fun!