We Are All Completely Fine by Daryl Gregory

We Are All Completely Fine - Daryl Gregory

I enjoyed the hell out of this novella!

A small group of torture survivors are brought together by their doctor for experimental group therapy. These people have been through the most horrible things imaginable. Seriously, it's bad. What begins as therapeutic meetings for this group eventually morphs into something else. Something otherworldly. Something that is not quite finished.

I loved how this tale was related, it wasn't a dreary recitation of each survivor and what happened to them. It flowed more naturally than that. The characters were well drawn and I couldn't help but feel for them and all they went through.

The only negative thing I can say is that I wish the story had been longer. I felt like I was just getting to the bottom of the mystery with Greta, (one of the survivors), and then it was over. However, I am happy to report that this tale ended in such a way that leaves it wide open for a sequel. I, for one, am hoping we get one.

Highly recommended for fans of dark fiction and psychological horror!

I received this novella free from Net Galley, in exchange for an honest review. This is it!