Salem's Lot by Stephen King

'Salem's Lot - Stephen King

I just finished a re-read of this book with the Horror Aficionados group over at Goodreads. I'm so glad I participated!

I first read this book in junior high or high school. It's been about 30 years since then, unfortunately. I've read The Stand and IT a couple of times each, but I never did pick this one up again. Finally, that has been rectified and what a payoff!

I forgot how well this story wrapped its arms around the reader and refused to let them go. We meander through the town, meeting its residents and learning about their daily lives. (I think Stephen King excels at this, mostly because you can tell he knows what he's talking about.) We focus our attentions on a few different characters-some strong, some weak-but they're all human with characteristics, (both good and bad, ), that we recognize.

"The town cares for devil's work no more than it cares for God's or man's. It knew darkness. And darkness was enough."

I feel that's all I need to say. I have nothing new to bring to a review of a book that has thousands of reviews already. If you haven't read this tale, you should.