Hellraiser: The Dark Watch

Clive Barker's Hellraiser: The Dark Watch Vol. 1 - Clive Barker, Brandon Seifert, Tom Garcia

This was only my second graphic novel ever, so my opinion may not be worth much. That said, I'm going to give it to you anyway.

I liked this tale, I found it imaginative and interesting. I know there is more backstory to Mr. D' Amour because I've read most every door stopper written by Mr. Barker. Problem being I read them so long ago, I don't remember much about this character. The good news is you don't have to remember! This is a completely new story, with

Mr. D' Amour in a completely new environment, so you don't need to know much going in.

I thought the artwork was excellent and engaging. Since this graphic novel came from a Humble Bundle, it wasn't subject to the Kindle panel limitations I've run into in the past. I could stretch out the page, (after double tapping it), so that I could linger on the beautiful, detailed views of hell. I had a total blast with this!

I would recommend Hellraiser: The Dark Watch to fans of Clive Barker. I may be a novice when it comes to graphic novels, but I know what I like and I liked this. A lot.

Another thanks goes out to my friend Kate, who just opened a whole new world to me with her generous gift. Thank you, Kate!