The Nightmare Girl by Jonathan Janz

The Nightmare Girl - Jonathan Janz

This crazy cult story was a lot of fun! This was my first Jonathan Janz book, but it will not be my last.

This was a fast paced tale about Joe and his family, (wife Michelle and daughter Lily). I became a big fan of Joe throughout this story. Mostly because all of his problems started due to one good deed: stopping a woman from abusing her toddler at a gas station. Once he stops her and the police arrive, his whole life goes to hell.

I enjoy stories about cults and satanic worship and all that good stuff. (Rosemary's Baby still gives me the creeps!) Mr. Janz put alI the elements together here in a perfect way. I LOVED how this story was told and there was one scene that freaked me the hell out, and it happened well before the denouement. I like that there were scary portions like this all throughout the story.

Speaking of the denouement though, I did feel that the story went a bit over the top towards the end, and as a result, lost some of its believability. Other than that, I have no complaints about this tale.

Overall, I enjoyed the hell out of his book! I will not be waiting very long to check out more of Jonathan's work. Highly recommended for fans of stories about cults and satanic worship!

I was provided a free eARC of this story by Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. This is it!