The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaimain-Full Cast Production

The Graveyard Book CD: Full Cast Production - Robert Madge, Tim Dann, Neil Gaiman, Neil Gaiman, Andrew    Scott, Reece Shearsmith, Sean Baker, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Clare Corbett, Emilia Fox, Derek Jacobi, Miriam Margolyes

This audiobook was a pure joy! I'm still relatively new to audiobooks, having only 15 or so to my credit, but I think even an audiobook pro would love this recording.

The story itself is fanciful, poignant, fantastic and even scary at times. A very young boy's entire family is slaughtered and somehow he ends up at the graveyard where the ghosts of those long dead decide to keep and care for him. Since his name is unknown, they named the boy Nobody. And since the ghosts taking care of him had the surname of Owens, he became Nobody Owens or Bod for short.

I loved Bod. I loved the characters in the graveyard. I loved how they all pitched in to teach Bod, to care for him and to keep him safe. The narrators, (performers, really), of this production were incredibly good. I immediately began to imagine faces for all of these characters. They became real to me and I cared for them all-both the living and the dead ones.

I recommend this audiobook to anyone and everyone. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying this tale of Nobody Owens and his life at the graveyard. I even shed a few tears at the end. I love horror, but it hasn't hardened my heart to incredible fantastic stories such as this. An absolutely, positively, wonderful tale. Read it!