Damned by Chuck Palahniuk narrated by Tai Simmons

Damned - Chuck Palahniuk

This is a little hard to review, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

First off, the narrator of this audiobook is fantastic. Her name is Tai Simmons and I will happily listen to her narrate another audiobook in the future. This review has nothing to do with her. Now that that is out of the way...

I hated this book in the beginning, I thought the middle was ok, then I went back to hating it again. Each chapter opens with "Hello, Satan? It's me, Madison." Which was cute for about 5 minutes and then became sickening. Enough already.

Lots of spoiled brat/bitch talk. Imagine sitting at your laptop and looking at your homes in various parts of the world-checking your closet in Milan, locking your maid in the bathroom of your home in Switzerland, because the tile isn't shining enough for your liking. (It's Madison's mom that does this.) Control Alt J to look at your home in Japan. Control Alt F for fuck this shit.

Madison describes that she's fat and dead in the first chapter. Okay. Toss in a tour of hell and all the gross things that come with that. (I mean, what-ever. Every horror fan has read a book that's taken place in hell and ALL of them were worse places than this.) Add in a bunch of snarky talk and say how you're not stupid about 5 times per chapter. I'm disgusting myself so much even talking about this, so I'm going to wrap it up.

One star for creativity. One star for the writing, because the writing itself was good. Unfortunately, the story itself was not. Thanks to my public library, I spent no money on this book and for that I'm thankful.