Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman (narrated by Neil Gaiman)

Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances - Neil Gaiman

"The Man Who Remembered Ray Bradbury"was an outstanding story! It made  me think of my favorite short story by James Everington titled "A Writer's Words". (Which is included in his collection The Other Room. )It also deepened my sadness about Terry Pratchett.  I can only imagine what it's like for a man of words to start losing those words. Just the thought of it makes me sad and gives me goosebumps. 5 big fat stars for this tale!

Unfortunately, I hated the rest of this audio book.  So much so that I'm throwing in the towel at 85%. I am going to go ahead and rate it even though I don't usually rate my DNFs. Since I made it through 85%, I feel that I am sufficiently qualified to rate it and I do so at 2.5 stars. If it weren't for the Ray Bradbury story I would probably have given this a one star, instead.

I know, I know-it's Neil Gaiman. The stories were well written, of course, but perhaps it's the author himself reading the stories that I don't like? I just found my mind wandering almost the entire time I was listening. I've listened to audiobooks of short stories before and have liked them, so I'm not sure why this one didn't work. Maybe the stories themselves were just boring? It's most likely some combination of the two.

In any case, I'm glad to be done with this audio book, since I found myself dreading it every time I went to resume listening. I think it's obvious at this point that I don't recommend this collection. But if you see it in the library or bookstore, pick it up and quickly read "The Man Who Remembered Ray Bradbury" and then put it back down and leave.