Devil's Breath by Greg Gifune

Devil's Breath - Greg F. Gifune

**On July 7, (the official release date of Devil's Breath), I hope you'll head over to Horror After Dark for my interview with Greg and your chance to win a signed copy or 1 of 3 Kindle copies of this book!**

Have you ever heard of Devil's Breath? It's a drug that is odorless and tasteless and if you blow it into someone's face? They will turn into a zombie, ready to do your bidding. Put this drug into the hands of the wrong people and who knows what could happen. Of course, that is exactly what occurs in this book and the outcome is not pretty.

Stan Falk is trying to put his life back together after some difficult years. He's working as a dishwasher, renting himself a cottage in Sunset, a village near Cape Cod. He's tired of his life, tired of everything and is ready to end it all when he hears a knock at the door. From there, his life is forever changed.

I enjoyed the hell out of this book. It was fast paced, the characters were interesting and complex; Stan's past is slowly revealed as the story unfolds and he's not the greatest of guys as the reader first thinks. I loved learning more about him and I cared for him, even with all of his faults.

Combine these excellent characters with some cult-type action, throw in some devil's breath on top of that and you have this book-part mystery, part suspense, part horror-it's hard to categorize. I'll just say it was excellent and leave it at that.

This is another sublime novel from Mr. Gifune and I feel comfortable giving it my highest recommendation!

*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.*