The Magicians or How I Came To Hate This Story

The Magicians: A Novel - Lev Grossman, Mark Bramhall

That's it, I'm done.  I'm at about 70% of this audio book and I just realized that I don't effing care. I don't care how the story turns out, I don't care about any of the characters...I just don't care.

This book is written well enough, but I don't like anyone in the story-they all seem like a bunch of spoiled college brats. I might have enjoyed the Fillory parts if I had read the Narnia books, but I haven't, so I didn't. (Fillory may be spelled differently than what I have, I listened to this on audio, so I'm not sure, and I don't care enough to look it up.)

I tried to hang in there-in fact I made it to 70%. I usually don't review books that I haven't finished but in this case I feel that 70% is enough of the book to give my opinion. And my opinion is this book is boring and irritating...and have I mentioned that I just don't care?

This audio book DID have an excellent narrator and his work I did enjoy. It's just that the subject material never did get my attention. (Other than the flight of the geese, that was pretty cool.)

To summarize, in case it's not clear, I did not like or enjoy this book and I probably should have quit listening much earlier. I won't make that mistake again.