Blood and Rain by Glenn Rolfe

Blood and Rain - Glenn Rolfe

Who doesn't enjoy a good werewolf tale once in a while? Fall is the perfect time to read this short novel about evil in a small town, under a full moon.

Gilson's Creek was troubled in the past by the Full Moon Killer. Now it's troubled by more crimes. Is this a return of the same killer or something else entirely? You will need to read Blood and Rain to find out!

I found that the pacing was very slow during the first third of the book. After that though, it picked up so much that I read the rest of the book all in the same day. The character development left a little to be desired. At first, I was mixing them up, but it all did become clearer as the story progressed.

I felt that the best writing was to be found in the middle-to the end-of the novel where the

werewolves were coming into their own. It felt like the author was excited about these portions and that really shone through with the writing.

(show spoiler)

This is the second story of Rolfe's that I've read. I think this tale shows improvement: in his descriptions and in the quality of his writing. For those reasons, I will continue to keep Glenn Rolfe on my reading radar. He's coming into his own and I want to be there when he arrives.

Recommended for fans of werewolf tales, and for those who love the "evil in a small town" theme!

*A free copy of this novel was provided to me by Mr. Rolfe, in exchange for an honest review. This is it.*