Milk-Blood Optioned For A Full Length Feature Film!!

MILK-BLOOD - Mark  Matthews, Elderlemon Design, Richard   Thomas

Milk-Blood, a novel by Mark Matthews, has been optioned for a full length feature film by Monkey Knuckle Films!! The option includes rights to the short story, The Damage Done, a companion piece to the novel. (You can read TDD for free, just click the link! Scroll further down for a chance to get your copy of Milk-Blood for free!)

I'm so excited for my friend, Mark! I served as a beta reader for Milk-Blood and I am now allowed to say that I'm very much looking forward to doing the same for the sequel, due out in 2016!

Monkey Knuckle Films is a newly created LLC, but the founders have a long history of horror, and have worked with actors such as Sid Haig from The Devil’s Rejects, and much of the cast of The Evil Dead. They are currently in post-production for the horror film, "Elder Island", set for release in 2016.

About the book:

MILK-BLOOD is the story of a ten year old girl named Lilly, born with a heart defect, who lives on a Detroit street where poverty, urban despair, addiction, and both the living and the dead threaten her outside her doorstep. The author has tapped into his experience as a social worker to create what one review site calls, "an Urban legend in the making.”

"MILK-BLOOD is true reality horror, with supernatural elements that only serve to make it more believable," explains executive producer Michael Bradford. "The story will certainly hold an audience."

About the Title:

You may be wondering what the phrase Milk-Blood means. The term comes from the Neil Young song, "The Needle and the Damage Done" and refers to the extensive lengths a heroin addict will go to in order to maintain their high.

And now it's...

To celebrate the movie contract, Mark is offering up to ten vouchers for a free kindle download from Amazon. Just email your request to:  WickedRunPress@gmail.com

But wait! There is also a paperback giveaway happening over at Goodreads. You can enter by clicking here.