Still Foolin' Em : Where I've Been, Where I'm Going and Where the Hell Are My Keys?

Still Foolin' 'Em: Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys - Billy Crystal

What an excellent audio book!

In his mid sixties now, Billy Crystal recounts his life by decade, (my twenties, my thirties, etc...), interspersed with portions set in the present which were performed in front of a live audience. What an interesting man!

Starting with his early home life, the death of his father and his first career milestones, Billy tells his story with warmth, humility, humor and poignancy. Recounting his relationships with Muhammad Ali and Howard Cosell, Johnny Carson and Mickey Mantle, this is a behind the scenes look into building a successful career and family life.

The live audience portions of this performance were all about the aging process- they were very funny and all true. Towards the end of this autobiography he addresses the big issues-the loss of extended family members and facing one's own death. There is a real focus here on family and I enjoyed that. It also lent a sense of poignancy when he discussed the losses his family has experienced.

Funny and genuinely interesting, I enjoyed the hell out of this audio book. I laughed out loud, I teared up and I learned a lot.

What more could a reader ask for? Highly recommended!