My Top 5 Short Story Collections of 2015!

It's that time of year, and with my Favorite Audiobooks of 2015  post fresh under my belt,  it's time now for short stories to have their time in the sun. So here are my very favorite short story collections READ in 2015,

(in NO particular order):

The Mirrors by Nicole Cushing

A debut collection-The Mirrors was dark, nihilistic and unnerving. Loved it!

Here's a link to my review: The Mirrors

The Uncanny Valley, Tales From A Lost Town by Gregory Miller

(Illustrated by John Randall York)

A super cool premise ties all these stories together to form a delightful little collection. Not exactly horror, but weird, and I like weird tales.

Here is a link to my review: The Uncanny Valley

The Best of Joe Lansdale

This collection kicked ass! It contained the story Bubba Ho-Tep, (made into a feature film), Mad Dog Summer and more. This collection turned me into a MAJOR Joe Lansdale fan and 2016 will see me devoted to reading more of his work.

You can find my review here: Best of Joe Lansdale

Voices of the Damned by Barbie Wilde

Barbie Wilde's brand of horror includes a lot of erotic and body horror. Both of which were relatively new to me, other than some Clive Barker stories I'd read in the past. This volume also has some INCREDIBLE artwork featuring artists like the aforementioned Clive Barker and Daniele Serra among others.

Here's a link to my review: Voices of the Damned

Night Music: Nocturnes Volume 2 by John Connolly

What can I say? This collection was fantastic, featuring two novellas that were truly original and fun to read. The creator of the detective Charlie Parker can write short stories just as well as he writes full length novels. You owe it to yourself to give him a try!

Check out my review here: Night Music

This was an excellent year for short story collections which made for fierce competition for my top 5. Collections such as Antique Dust by Robert Westall, (click to read my review), and The Wanderer by Timothy Jarvis, and You Shall Never Know Security by J.R. Hamanataschen deserve an honorable mention. Excellent collections, all three!

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll stick with my Horror Corner for all of your horror recs!