The Sadist's Bible by Nicole Cushing

The Sadist's Bible - Nicole Cushing

The Sadist's Bible is a difficult novella to review without spoilers, but I'm going to try.

We start off with two women having a sexy internet relationship. One woman, Ellie, is the married wife of a very religious man and the other, Lori, a disturbed bisexual. How disturbed she actually is doesn't become apparent until later. The two have a plan to meet up in real life, have some mind blowing lesbian sex, and then kill themselves. Everything is realistic and understandable up to this point and then it all goes right off the rails; so far off the rails the train cars are in a smoking, wrecked heap about a mile away.

From here on out, a lot of the story is almost interactive with the reader. What I mean by that is that every reader brings their baggage and experience to a story. Depending on what you've read in the past or your past experiences in real life-these things may color your views on the second half of this tale. For myself, I see numerous influences and ways to interpret the last half of this book. A few examples of these influences, from my point of view, would be Lovecraft and Thomas Ligotti for sure. Perhaps a little bit of The King in Yellow and early Clive Barker as well. However, despite these influences the last half is pure Cushing, and this is a style I have grown to love and even adore over the last two years. I'm talking wildly imaginative and creative scenes-described so vividly that I can see them in my mind's eye as clearly as if they were on a giant movie screen before me. I'm not sure that current film technology could even live up to Nicole Cushing's imagination-in fact, I doubt it.

This book was incredible. I don't know what else to say. I will include a short warning, this book is daring-in its vivid descriptions of sex and violence, (with both often combined), and also with its frank observations of "in the closet" lesbianism and religious guilt: it may not be for everyone. However, if you think the synopsis and my review sound interesting, I can't say it strongly enough: GO BUY THIS BOOK. (You can do so here: The Sadist's Bible)

My highest recommendation!

*I received a free e-copy of this novella from the author, in exchange for my honest review. This is it.*