I Kill in Peace by Hunter Shea

I Kill in Peace - Hunter Shea

“AO: Marcellus is going to call u into his office at 5. He’s laying u off.” So says the instant message that begins this fast paced, messed up, ultra-violent novella. What fun!

This is a hard story to review without spoilers, but I can say that this is just the first of many mysterious messages and texts Peter receives. At first they just serve to warn him, but then the texts turn into something entirely different-directions that he must follow, no matter the cost.

I had a vague clue as to where this story was going, but the fun here is in reaching the destination. There really is no time to put together a cohesive thought as to what’s going to happen because everything is moving so quickly. Instead, I focused on hanging on for the ride, and what a ride it was!

I highly recommend this novella for those of you that are looking for a quick, gory and violent read with a nice little message at the end. Or is it? I guess you’ll have to read I Kill in Peace to find out!

*Horror After Dark received a free copy of this novella in exchange for an honest review. This is it.*