Disappearance at Devil's Rock

Disappearance at Devil's Rock: A Novel - Paul Tremblay

Disappearance at Devil's Rock had me twisted around its little finger right up until the last two chapters. Then I was saddened by the fact that it was over.

Elizabeth gets that dreaded middle of the night call from one of her son's friend's asking if her son was home. Of course, he wasn't and so begins the masterful telling of this taut, mystery thriller. Where was Tommy? He ran into the woods, but to where? Why are there so many reports of "shadowmen" in their small town of Ames? Are they related to Tommy's disappearance? What about Tommy's diary pages that show up in the middle of the floor during the night?

I can't say anything more about the plot, but I can say more about the writing. This book flowed easily, the smooth writing carried me along, even when I wanted to start dragging my feet to make the experience last a little longer. I only had one issue with this book that left me briefly disappointed, and that was that

this is not really a "horror" story. It's more of a mystery thriller book than anything else.

(show spoiler)

Disappearance at Devil's Rock was a pleasing, quick read, with a flowing writing style that flies right along until all the secrets concealed within are revealed. Trust me, you want to be there when that happens.

Highly recommended to fans of mystery thrillers!

You can pre-order your copy here: Disappearance at Devil's Rock.

*Thank you to Edelweiss and to William Morrow for the ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.*

20 Books of Summer-Book 4