Pressure by Brian Keene

Pressure - Brian Keene

Who doesn't love a good creature feature, especially if the creature is a sea monster? Throw in an evil corporation and a bunch of characters named after authors and what have you got? Brian Keene's Pressure.

This was a fun thriller, with bouts of gory action interspersed with treachery and corruption. The story moves right along and even though I'm sure there was a lot of research involved, Pressure doesn't get bogged down with a bunch of boring scientific facts.

Many of the characters have the same names as authors in the horror and sci-fi genres, so each time one of them showed up, it added to the fun. Even Clickers got a mention and I thought that was pretty cool-not only do clickers fit the story, it was a nice nod to author J.F. Gonzalez.

Pressure doesn't take itself too seriously, at least I didn't think it did. I have a vague feeling that Mr. Keene had one hell of a good time writing this book. I'm glad that I had the good sense to let it take me along for the ride.

Highly recommended for fans of thrillers, especially creature-features!

You can pre-order your copy here: Pressure.

*Thanks to Net Galley and St. Martin's press for the e-ARC of Pressure in exchange for my honest review. This is it.*

20 Books of Summer-Book 5