Preacher: Book 3 by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon

Preacher, Book Three - Garth Ennis, Steve Dillon

This comic was so effed up, but in a good way! In this volume, we get the origin story of the Saint of Killers.

He's so badass that he even kills a certain someone in hell. It doesn't really get more badass than that. I did end up feeling something like sympathy for him, which is pretty amazing for a guy that's killed hundreds of people. I felt no sympathy for the residents of Ratwater. You probably won't either.

Cassidy meets another of his kind in New Orleans. These have to be some of the funniest moments in the Preacher series so far. I was laughing out loud, reading all by myself, and I just didn't care. (And by the way, Eccarius IS a wanker. SUCH a big wanker!) As are his little group of sycophants, which you'll discover for yourself when you read this.

Aresface makes another appearance here and seems to be taking off on a whole new life. Preacher and Tulip are still in pursuit of God. We won't even discuss how the scar on Herr Starr's bald head, made by the Preacher, makes it look like a penis. I could NOT. Stop. Laughing.

The humor in this book is the blackest of the black and that happens to be my favorite kind. This series is dark, hilarious, irreverent and so much fun, I just want to read all the rest of this series right now!

My highest recommendation! Period.