The Only Living Boy by David Gallaher and Steve Ellis

The Only Living Boy #1: Prisoner of the Patchwork Planet - David Gallaher, Steve Ellis

When David Gallaher offered review copies of the first few The Only Living Boy graphic novels here at Booklikes, I hopped on the chance. I've been reading a lot of graphic novels lately, most of them adult, and I wanted to try one that's for all ages, so here we are.

The story is about a young boy, on the verge of becoming a teenager, named Erik Farrell. He runs away from home and now, for some reason, has lost his memory and finds himself on a strange planet. He meets allies and foes along the way, while trying to find his way back home.

That's all I can say about the plot, because there isn't much there. The story ended rather abruptly, so I assume we'll learn more as the series continues. The artwork in some cases is stunning, which helped to make up for the somewhat simplistic tale.

I'm going to continue with the series because A) Mr. Gallagher provided a few more issues and B) despite the tale being uncomplicated, I do like young Erik and I want to find out what happens.

Recommended to all fans of comics, but especially to young adults!