Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship With a Remarkable Man written and narrated by William Shatner

Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man - David Fisher, William Shatner, William Shatner

When I saw this audio book available immediately through my library, I jumped at the chance to listen to William Shatner talk about his relationship with Leonard Nimoy. I wasn't disappointed.

There really wasn't a lot of NEW information here, but it was still a pleasurable listen. As a listener, I needed to remind myself that Mr. Shatner was telling things from his point of view, and as such, the story would not be totally objective. He did admit to a few things: a bit of jealousy on his part when, at first, Leonard was more popular than he was. Also, he admitted to being a jerk one time when Leonard had a photographer there in make up while they were shooting TOS.

It was interesting to learn that they both had problems with alcohol and nicotine. They were both raised in the Jewish faith and they both defied their fathers in their choices of career.

The rest I will let you discover on your own, because I think any fan of Star Trek will NEED to read this, just as I did. I recommend the audio because there are far worse things than letting Captain Kirk relate the story to you himself.

Recommended for fans of Star Trek; just remember that this is not an objective biography, and it's as much about William Shatner as it is Leonard Nimoy.