Booklikes-You're Ticking Me Off

Warning: This is a rant. If you're not interested, scroll on by. I wouldn't blame you.

Since my dad's death, I spend every Saturday with my mom. On Sundays, my only day off, I like to sleep in and spend the morning catching up at my various book sites. For a few months now I haven't been able to do that at Booklikes. In fact, I can't do much of anything at Booklikes anymore and frankly, that pisses me off.

I've spent a lot of time here over the last 3 years making friends, working hard on building my blog, and participating in challenges. It's been a real blast! Now, I can't do any of these things without getting frustrated and feeling a rise in my blood pressure.

Blogging and participating with other bloggers should be FUN. Not an experience that ends in one flouncing off in frustration and anger. Now I see a lot of my friends leaving and it makes me sad. It's also making me consider leaving here myself. I would hate to leave this fun place and all the hard work I've done in setting up and maintaining my blog, but I seem to no longer have a choice. I can't keep subjecting myself to the frustration that Booklikes has become. Every time I come here and it's super slow, (which is pretty much ALL the time now), I wonder: "Is this the time that Booklikes is down for good?" "Is this the time all my hard work disappears?" And with no one at Booklikes telling us otherwise, what's the point of staying?

If I even follow through with my best of the year lists, I think those will be the end of me here. Once the holidays are over, I'll look at hosting my blog at my own .com or at another site. Thanks for the memories, Booklikes.