Reading Habits Tag

Thanks to Spooky's House of Books and Booklikes for getting this going!

Do you have a certain place in your home for reading? I have several! I have a comfy reading/recliner in the living room, a comfy massage chair in the room which I optimistically call my "library", and I enjoy reading in bed.

The massage chair in my "library."

Bookmark or random piece of paper? Both! I currently have a pretty owl bookmark and a beautiful Horror Aficionados bookmark, that one of HA's members made for me.

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop read after a chapter / certain number of pages? I can stop reading wherever. I prefer at a chapter break, but sometimes my eyes close of their own accord and I just don't have any choice but to stop there.

Do you eat or drink while read? Yes! I love to eat while I read. If not lunch or dinner, then a snack and/or iced green tea.

Multitasking: music or TV while reading? I usually like the television on low in the background. If I'm reading heavy material, then I like it to be quiet.

One book at a time or several at once? Several! Usually one audio book, which I listen to at work, one short story collection or graphic novel, and one regular novel.

Reading at home or everywhere? Everywhere! Even in line at the grocery store.

Reading out loud or silently in your head? Silently.

Do you read ahead or even skip pages? Hardly ever! I might skim ahead if a book is not engaging me, but that is rare because if I'm not engaged, I'll usually DNF the book and move on.

Barking the spine or keeping it like new? I would like to keep everything new.

Do you write in your books? Are you kidding? That's like blasphemy! I do like to use the highlighting feature in my Kindle though. Not only for taking notes for a review, but also because I like to highlight quotes that move me or touch me in some way.

What are YOUR reading habits? Use the Reading Habits tag and share!