The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, narrated by Will Patton

The Raven Boys - Audio (Raven Cycle) by Maggie Stiefvater (2012-09-18) - Maggie Stiefvater

Confession time: I checked this audio book out of the library for one reason and one reason only, the narrator: Will Patton. I love that man.

I don't generally read YA because:

1. I like supernatural HORROR. I dislike the phrase paranormal because to me that comes across as NOT SCARY.

2. While I'm moving away from the more extreme horror and the Splatterpunk genre in my old age, I still like my books bloody. If they were steaks they would be super rare. Like, just hacked off the side of a cow rare. (The Cowboy Way Rare)

3. While I'm not a fan of romance at all, I don't mind a scary book that has some sexy times in it.

And none of that stuff that I like so much is in this book.

However, the general story did hold my interest and I found quite a few of the characters intriguing, so I will be going on the with next book. In audio form of course, because...Will Patton.

Highly recommended to fans of YA and paranormal romances, because I think those fans would get the most out of this creative story.

*Please note this review should be 3 stars, but Booklikes is being quirky and will not correct it for me.*