Kill the Father by Sandrone Dazieri

Kill the Father: A Novel - Sandrone Dazieri

Kill the Father was an exciting thriller featuring two of the most memorable characters I've come across in years!

Deputy Captain Columba Caselli is recovering from a horrible bombing when her superior requests she look into a kidnapping case, even though she is still officially on leave. Dante Torre is a man still recovering from his boyhood kidnapping and subsequent 11 year incarceration by a man known only as "The Father." That's all I'm going to say about the plot.

These characters were so vividly drawn I can easily picture them right now-Dante with his endless coffee and cigarettes and Columba with her piercing green eyes and often sarcastic attitude. Together they are both damaged, but stronger because of it, and because of each other.

The pacing was mostly fast and there are lots of surprises, twists and turns, but I do feel that the book was just a tad too long. However, I never lost interest and in fact, I read the last 30% in one straight shot, because there was just no good place to stop-I had to see what happened. I was NOT disappointed!

Kill the Father was my first experience with author Sandrone Dazieri, but I hope it will not be my last. I just finished this book and I'm already missing Columba and Dante-so please, Mr. Dazieri, bring them back for another thriller!

Highly recommended for fans of thrillers and mysteries!

Kill the Father is now available here. Kill the Father

*Thank you NetGalley and Scribner for the e-ARC of this book in exchange for my honest feedback. This is it!*