I'm Starting: Fatale by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips

Fatale Deluxe Edition Volume 1 HC - Ed Brubaker

My Goodreads friend Richard Vialet turned me on to Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips and I could not possibly be more thankful.

I started with the first volume of Incognito. A superhero story where the superhero is in the Witness Protection Program. How great of a premise is that? I ripped through the first one like it was nothing and I'm currently waiting for the next one to come in at the library.

In the meantime, I put a hold on the first volume of Fatale and it came in last night. First off, this is a deluxe edition and it's flat-out gorgeous. Second, it has a VERY cool introduction from Meggan Abbott. I have no idea who she is, I mean-I know she's an author and I have a few of her books on my TBR, but I'm not familiar with whatever genre in which she writes or if her books are actually any good. I look forward to learning more about her though, because her intro to this beautiful graphic novel series has me totally JACKED to get started with this.  She said something about Cthulhu meets Noir and she had me! Right. There.

I'm going to finish up The Walking Dead Compendium 2, and then I'm hopping onto this one. At least: that's my plan. However, last night while reading TWD, I found my eyes continuously driftin' on over to Fatale.

I can't wait to get started!