The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger -The Little Sisters of Eluria

Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - The Little Sisters of Eluria #5 (of 5) - Robin Furth, Peter David, Stephen King, Luke Ross, Richard Isanove

This was a disappointing foray into a side story of the Dark Tower.

What I liked about it was its connection to King/Straub's novel, The Talisman. (Which is one of my favorite books.) If you've read it, you know that young Jack is trying to save his mom, (who is a Queen in another world), and she is very sick. When we first meet her, she is in a huge tent, fighting for her life. That huge tent is the main setting for this story. (A nice explanation of this comes in the foreword.)

This tale comes before the last entry in the graphic novel series, so we've gone backwards a bit in the timeline. I was okay with that but I'm not really okay with the change in how Roland looks and the artwork. While I loved the pencil drawings in the back, Roland looks like an entirely different person than in all the previous comics. I am having a hard time dealing with that. I think that the graphics in the previous novels are superior than the ones in this volume.

Overall, I liked the story and the setting, just not as much as the previous entries in this series.