Celebrity Chef Zombie Apocalypse by Jack Strange

Celebrity Chef Zombie Apocalypse - Amanda Horan, Graeme Parker, Jack Strange

Celebrity Chef Zombie Apocalypse has got to be one of the funniest books I've ever read!

Full of social and political commentary, it impressed me with keen observations regarding "celebrity chefs", government officials and the police. I thought it was funny as hell that the zombies herein were yellow, which made me picture them as Simpson-like in my head. Not only were they chef zombies, they were sex-crazed celebrity chef zombies-used to getting their own way in all things. (I'm pretty sure I recognized one or two of them from real life as well, which just made things even more funny-especially with the foul-mouthed one.)

The Prime Minister in this book very much reminded me of the man currently in power here in the U. S. I'm sure that wasn't the author's original intention, but I couldn't help myself from thinking that.

I'm not sure that Jardine, the female police investigator was supposed to be funny, but I found her to be so. She finally solves the case,

pretty much AFTER everything was already over!

(show spoiler)

Dave, who became the protagonist,

after all the other protagonists were dead!,

(show spoiler)

finally got fed up with trying to warn everyone about what was happening and decided to take off with his girlfriend to an isolated area to wait the whole thing out; as you might have guessed, that didn't work out well.

Oh, and did I mention Henderson, the ginger zombie cat? I can't even think about him without laughing.

This book was a hilarious piece of work; decently written with tongue firmly in cheek. I highly recommend it to those of you who like your main dish bloody with a hefty side of humor!

*I was provided a free e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. This is it!