Skitter by Ezekiel Boone

Skitter: A Novel (The Hatching Series Book 2) - Ezekiel Boone

SPIDERS! HELL YEAH!

Even though I loathe the things in real life, I find them so entertaining to read about when done well. Skitter is done very well!

We start right where The Hatching left off, (which was with a cliffhanger), and I found it quite easy to slip right back into this world-well, what's left of it, anyway. I keep expecting some kind of weird Star Trek time anomaly or something, because I just can't believe what's happened with the United States and the planet. Ezekiel Boone does not shy away from death, or what I think would be the ultimate response to such an invasion. That surprised and delighted me.

The main characters here are still interesting while the creature feature portions are entertaining. Perhaps all the things happening are not quite realistic, but who cares? Skitter is fun for those who like their spiders fast and hungry.

These 300+ pages flew by and I had a blast reading them. If you enjoy creature features, with a little bit of scientific and military action thrown in, and with character viewpoints from around the world, The Hatching and Skitter should work well for you.

Skitter is a fast, fun, chittering thrill ride and I enthusiastically recommend it! Bring on the next!

*Thank you to NetGalley and Atria for the e-ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review. This is it.*