The Halloween Children by Brian James Freeman and Norman Prentiss

The Halloween Children - Norman Prentiss, Brian James Freeman

Beautifully conceived and executed, The Halloween Children is a great and spooky read for anytime of year!

Husband and wife- Harris and Lynn, each tell their own story in alternating chapters. Lynn's chapters are addressed privately to her marriage therapist, and they contain a litany of complaints about her spouse and the way he parents their children. Harris' chapters tell the story from his point of view, but well after certain "events" have occurred. What those events are you'll have to read this book to find out.

My favorite type of horror is the kind with lots of suffocating atmosphere and psychological tricks, (Trick or Treat?), and The Halloween Children has both of those things, in spades. Plus, it features two children who get creepier by the second. How could it get any better for a horror fan such as myself? Oh yeah, it could finish off with an ending that actually gave me goosebumps, it was so perfect.

This is THE book to read when you are looking for that creepy kind of thrill, but it's an extra perfect book to read around Halloween. Just be sure you have some candy ready when the door bell rings and the children begin to arrive. They don't like it when they don't get candy and you don't want The Halloween Children to pull their tricks on YOU. Trust me on this.

Highly recommended, especially to fans of atmospheric, psychological horror!

Available for your Kindle on June 13th, here: The Halloween Children

*Thanks to NetGalley and to Hydra for the e-ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review. This is it.*