Batman: Volume 3 I Am Bane

Batman Vol. 3: I Am Bane (Rebirth) - Tom King, David Finch

In a volume where the opposite of some of the events in Batman: I Am Suicide occur, Bane has to run a gauntlet of enemies to get to Batman. Where this didn't work well for me in the that volume, in this one it worked just fine!

I adored the tongue in cheek of the opening scenes in the restaurant BATBURGER! between Batman and the Robins. "Do you want to Joker up your fries?" The restaurant even had Batsuits in special cases.

I also thought the comparison panels between Bruce and Bane and all the similarities that made them who they both became were brilliant.

Ace the Bat-Hound has his own brief little story-mostly involving the unflappable Alfred training him while  Bruce then reaps the benefits and complains about his Christmas present.

Lastly though, OMG with Catwoman! What will happen as we progress further down that road? Will it ever really take place? (I'm trying to talk about it, without spoiling it.) I am not familiar enough with the Batman series to know, and I'm not sure that people who are familiar with it would know for sure either, but that was most definitely a surprising event.

Overall, this has been my favorite volume of the Batman Rebirth series by Tom King. I'm so glad I stuck with it and I'm very much looking forward to the next volume!

*I received an e-ARC of this volume from DC Comics via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. This is it.*