2018 Goals and Shutting Down for Review Requests!

I ended up reading 184 books in 2017, surpassing my goal of 150. I did not include short stories, but novellas, graphic novels and audio books ARE included.

Goodreads says I have read 48,691 pages, but I read a lot of audiobooks and those are not correctly listed as far as page count on GR. Still, that's a good amount of pages and I'm happy with my totals.

My goals for 2018, (as you may have guessed by the title of this post), are to stop requesting ARCS from NetGalley and Edelweiss, and to stop accepting review requests.

Last year, I challenged myself to read 40 of the books I already own and I only read 7. That's pathetic! It's because I was too often distracted by ARCs and because I want to help independent and/or lesser known authors. While I still enjoy helping out when I can, I would like to meet my goal of reading 40 books I already own this year. I'm gonna do it, dammit!

Of course, I've already requested and scheduled books up until June of this year, but I hope to keep the last half of 2018 to myself. Hopefully I'll do a better job of it this year!

Lastly, I loved playing all the games we had this year. Booklikesopoly, Halloween Bingo and the 16 Festive Tasks all were a BLAST! This year, if any of these games come up again, I should be able to participate more as my reading schedule won't be so tight.

Happy New Year everyone and good luck with all of your reading goals!