Found A Great New Local Bookstore!

For Christmas, my son and his girlfriend gifted me a certificate to this bookshop. I finally had a chance to go and redeem it yesterday and now I'm  sorry I wasn't able to go sooner!

First off, fans of Stephen King will most likely recognize the name of this shop from the book Mr. Mercedes. Second, it was the coziest store ever, with exposed brick walls and cool displays. They host book signings and author events, which is pretty cool. They have a Stephen King book club and in April they're reading RAGE by Richard Bachman. I think I'm going to go!

Anyway, they had a small horror/sci fi section, and I happened on a few great finds.

Pics below!

Below is their set up for their book group discussion of Agatha Christie's

AND THEN THERE WERE NONE

How cool is this?

My finds of the day! WILDWOOD is actually signed by Christopher Golden and it's in good shape. (It was only $6.00!!)

I am most excited about this find! Theodore Sturgeon in a Dell PB from 1978. It's in good shape too!

I had a nice chat with the proprietor behind the counter and we talked about some Theodore Sturgeon stories, Stephen King, Robert McCammon and Dan Simmons. It was a quiet and low key conversation, but we were both excited to talk about great books and I'm sorry, you just don't get that at the local big box (book) store.

Thanks for reading this far if you're still here. Support Your Independent Book Stores!