VIDEO NIGHT by Adam Cesare, narrated by Matt Godfrey

Video Night - Adam Cesare, Matt Godfrey

VIDEO NIGHT is a perfect example of a creature feature combined with a small town and 80's nostalgia. For fans of this type of horror, it would be difficult for you to find a better book than this.

Billy and his best friend have a standing date once a week to watch a video, almost always a horror movie. Their video store is small and space is limited, so they've seen every horror movie available over and over again. But this week, VIDEO NIGHT is not going to go as planned. Both boys have dates and not all of them will survive. In fact, most of the town won't survive. Will Billy himself make it through? You'll have to read this to find out!

I love all kinds of horror, dark fiction and even some fantasy, but I have a special place in my heart for both the 80's and for creature features, so this book was perfect for me. (It only took me so long to read it because friends of mine, [I'm looking at you Kimberly and Andi], gifted me a gorgeous signed/limited edition and I didn't want to crack the spine!) I had some high expectations going in, and I'm happy to report that this book lived up to each and every one of them.

I listened to the audio and Matt Godfrey did a great job of narrating, as always. I admit that I wondered how his calm manner would work in a book that was so fast paced and gory, but I needn't have worried. He brought it all home with a certain style that I enjoyed.

If you like creature-features and 80's nostalgia, or if you grew up during that time, there is no book out there better suited to you than VIDEO NIGHT!

BONUS! If you're a member of the Horror Aficionados group at Goodreads, come join us during the month of April, when Adam Cesare himself is participating in a group read of this book. He'll be available for your questions and comments! It's free to join and all you need is a copy of the book, which you can get in all formats here: VIDEO NIGHT

*Thanks to Matt Godfrey, the narrator, for the free audio of this book in exchange for my honest review. This is it.*