HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM - Exclusive Cover Reveal!

Just look at that fab cover! Look at the authors involved!

How could this not be FUN?!

I had the opportunity to ask Christopher Golden a few questions about this project below:

CHAR: How did the idea for this anthology come about?

CHRISTOPHER GOLDEN:  I had the title in mind for years.  Ages ago, I encouraged Thomas Sniegoski to use it and do a Christmas themed installment in his Remy Chandler novel series, but that never happened.  Then one day Tom and I were on the phone and I told him about this Christmas horror story I wanted to write—“It’s a Wonderful Knife”—and if I remember correctly, he suggested I do a Christmas horror anthology…which I’d always wanted to do and hadn’t gotten around to.  I immediately insisted that he write a story for the book. As soon as I realized that I was really going to do it, I started making my wish list of authors, and I think you’ll be as thrilled as I am with the results.

CHAR: When did your love of Christmas horror stories begin?

CHRISTOPHER GOLDEN:  A bunch of things flood into my head with that question. The first, of course, is A CHRISTMAS CAROL. It’s an unsettling story, and some of the film versions are creepy as hell.  There’s SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT, the homicidal Santa movie that came out when I was in high school, and which I saw in the theaters. But one of the most memorable creepy Christmas stories, for me, is a story within the movie GREMLINS, when the character played by Phoebe Cates tells the incredibly dark story of her father’s death. He’d dressed as Santa and tried to come down the chimney to surprise her, gotten stuck there, and died. It’s hideous and twisted—a great Christmas horror story.

ABOUT THIS BOOK...
Eighteen stories of Christmas horror from bestselling, acclaimed authors including Scott Smith, Seanan McGuire, Josh Malerman, Michael Koryta, Sarah Pinborough, and many more.

That there is darkness at the heart of the Yuletide season should not surprise. Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol is filled with scenes that are unsettling. Marley untying the bandage that holds his jaws together. The hideous children--Want and Ignorance--beneath the robe of the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. The heavy ledgers Marley drags by his chains. In the finest versions of this story, the best parts are the terrifying parts.

Bestselling author and editor Christopher Golden shares his love for Christmas horror stories with this anthology of all-new short fiction from some of the most talented and original writers of horror today.

ABOUT THE EDITOR...

Christopher Golden is the New York Times #1 bestselling, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of such novels as Snowblind, Ararat, Of Saints and Shadows, and Tin Men. He co-created (with Mike Mignola) two cult favorite comics series, Baltimore and Joe Golem: Occult Detective. As an editor, he has worked on the short story anthologies Seize the Night, Dark Cities, and The New Dead, among others, and has also written and co-written comic books, video games, screenplays, and a network television pilot. A frequent lecturer and speaker at libraries, schools, and conferences, Golden is one-half of River City Writers (with James A. Moore), providing writing workshops, seminars, and editorial services, and one-third of the pop culture podcast Three Guys with Beards (with Moore and Jonathan Maberry). He was born and raised in Massachusetts, where he still lives with his family.

Pre-order here, (you KNOW you want to!): HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM

Thank you to Christopher Golden for taking the time to answer a few questions and thank you to Mandy at Blumhouse Books/Anchor Books for this exclusive opportunity!