THE WOMAN IN THE WOODS by John Connolly

The Woman in the Woods - John Connolly

At this, the 16th novel in the Charlie Parker series, I find myself still blown away by the quality of the writing and the depth of the story. Charlie Parker rocks!

But it's not just him, is it? It's Louis and Angel, a pair of gay henchmen, (but I mean "henchmen" in the best way), whose story has to be counted among the greatest love stories of all time, at least in my humble opinion. Their relationship is complicated and wonderful all at once, as is my love for them both.

It's Charlie's daughters, both alive and dead, and my fears for them and what might happen in the future.

It's Moxie Castin, the lawyer with a heart of gold and a soft spot for the Star of David, which plays such an important role in this story.

I won't rehash the plot, because the synopsis and about 10 million other reviews already do that. I will say that the end of this book left me rattled and somewhat angry.

A couple of people still deserve their due and I have no doubt they're going to get it, but it didn't happen here.

(show spoiler)

However, I know that Charlie Parker doesn't fail, (at least he hasn't yet), and I will be there, bright eyed and bushy tailed when it happens. In the meantime? I'll be keeping an eye on those Times of London crossword puzzles.

THE WOMAN IN THE WOODS gets my highest recommendation. Period!

*Thank you to Atria and to NetGalley for the e-ARC of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. This is it.*