SEA OF RUST by C. Robert Cargill, narrated by Eva Kaminsky

Sea of Rust - C. Robert Cargill, Eva Kaminsky

Life on earth has changed, all the humans are gone, and the robots have messed up things even worse than we did. Now the robots are fighting amongst each other-the fight for individuality and life itself remains the same, be it among regular robots, OWI (One World Intelligence), or the humans that have long since disappeared.

Overall, I enjoyed SEA OF RUST, but I feel a bit let down. After reading Joe Hill's rave review, I guess my expectations were a bit too high. I liked Brittle, even though she wasn't a likable bot, and I found myself attributing human feeling to her-I think that is a sign of Cargill's powerful writing. Pretty much no one bot was likable, to be honest, and that's fine with me. I did enjoy the world building and how the tale was told in a back and forth type manner. Overall, though, I didn't LOVE it, and I can't seem to put my finger on exactly why, (other than what I say below.)

I didn't enjoy the last chapter very much because

I wish more authors had the guts to leave a harsh, depressing last chapter alone. Leave it be! Some of us revel in it when the ending isn't a happy one.

(show spoiler)

Overall, I did enjoy this book but I expected more.  Recommended, but not heartily!

I bought this e-book AND the audiobook with my hard earned cash.