THE BELL WITCH by John F.D. Taff, narrated by Matt Godfrey

The Bell Witch - Matt Godfrey, John F.D. Taff, John F.D. Taff

THE BELL WITCH was an entertaining historical fiction novel about America's most well known witch.

The tale itself was interesting enough, (I was familiar with the basics going in), but here the author fleshed everything out quite a bit more, and the moral angle played a bigger part. All of which worked perfectly.

What didn't work for me were the characters, (other than Betsy). I just didn't connect with them. Because of that I found my mind wandering a lot and at about 60% through, I was ready to abandon my listen. However, at that point a thing occurred that kept me listening on to the finish.

As mentioned above, I listened to this book on audio, narrated by the excellent Matt Godfrey and if I could rate his performance separately, I would give him 5 out of 5 stars.

The issues I had with this book are my own, and it seems that I'm the only one that had them, so as this review is a reflection of my opinion and mine only, I refer you to Mark's review here: Mark's review  or to Kimberly's review here: Kimberly's review.

They obviously read this book right!

Overall, THE BELL WITCH is a good story, it's just that I could not connect with the characters. YOU probably, can!

*I received the audio of this book in exchange for my honest feedback. This is it.*