COCKBLOCK by C.V. Hunt, narrated by Ramona Master

Cockblock - Ramona Master, Roderick Hunt, Roderick Hunt

Callie and Sonya are on their way for a nice date night, when all of a sudden they are verbally assaulted by some men on the street. As the men got closer, the assault became physical and soon they are running for their lives. They discover that a message from the president is being broadcast nationwide and it's affecting men all over the country. How does it affect them? Will Callie and Sonya make it out alive? You'll have to read this short book to find out!

All of my horror loving friends that have read this have rated it fairly high. I love and trust them so when I saw this available in the Audiobook Boom! listing, I requested it right away. And now, here we are.

Incredibly graphic and violent, while at the same time kind of hilarious, C.V. Hunt has worked some magic here. A somewhat derisive view of the president and politics in general is worked into the story as well. It's not in your face, but it's there and that's just fine with me. In a world where we shame rape victims for speaking out, where we often treat the perpetrators as young men who just made a mistake,

I enjoyed this story where women finally triumph over that culture.

(show spoiler)

I listened to this on audio and I admit it took me a while to get used to the narrator. It must have been difficult for her at times, because as I said above there are some incredibly brutal scenes here. I gained respect as the story unwound and ended up enjoying her quite a bit.

Brutal, tongue in cheek, (and in many other places in this story), violent, graphic, and with an eye toward our current political environment, COCKBLOCK, is original, imaginative, sarcastic, and has a clear vision of what it wants to say. The only question that remains is are you brave enough to hear it?

Highly recommended to those horror fans who can handle brutal violence and rape.

*Thanks to the narrator and to Audiobook Boom! for the audio of this novella in exchange for my honest feedback. This is it!*