BAIT by J. Kent Messum

Bait: A Novel - J. Kent Messum

What can I say about this fast paced novel? Check out the synopsis:

No one is coming to your aid. We have ensured this. Six strangers wake up on a remote island in the Florida Keys with no memory of their arrival. They soon discover their common bond: all of them are heroin addicts. As the first excruciating pangs of withdrawal make themselves felt, the six notice a yacht anchored across open water. On it lurk four shadowy figures, protected by the hungry sharks that patrol the waves. So begins a dangerous game. The six must undertake the impossible—swim to the next island where a cache of heroin awaits, or die trying. When alliances form, betrayal is inevitable. As the fight to survive intensifies, the stakes reach terrifying heights—and their captors’ motives finally begin to emerge.

How could any horror lover resist that description? Who is watching our plucky group of addicts from that yacht? What possible reason could they have for doing such a thing? You'll have to read BAIT to find out!

After reading HUSK by Messum late last year, I became an instant fan. BAIT only solidifies my fandom.

I can't say too much about this tale with out being spoiler-y or redundant. I will say that I had a blast with it, and being as fast paced and action packed as it was, (during the second half), it didn't take long for me to blow through it. It was bloody, unpredictable and a few sharks were harmed in the making of the novel.

Recommended, especially for fans of SHARK WEEK!

Get your copy here: BAIT

*I received a paperback copy of this book with no strings attached, and the author was kind enough to sign it for me.*