DAISY JONES AND THE SIX by Taylor Jenkins Reid, Narrated by a Full Cast

Daisy Jones & The Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid, Jennifer Beals, Benjamin Bratt, Robbin Cuddy, Julia Whelan

The audio of DAISY JONES AND THE SIX joins a handful of others on my audio favorites list!

To be honest, I'm not sure that I would have enjoyed this book as much, if I had read it instead of listening. The full cast of narrators on it, and the fact that the entire story is told via interviews with the band members, their producers and other hangers-on? Made it PERFECT for an audiobook and these narrators BROUGHT IT HOME.

The story itself is about a band, and I love well told stories about music/bands/songwriters. I didn't find it to be predictable at all. In fact, I would have predicted that half of the band would be dead before the end book, but that never happened. I expected a couple of hook ups-they never happened. I expected a down slide into drugs and alcohol...well, that partly happened, but mostly in the opposite direction. (If you read it, you'll get what I'm saying.)

I loved this audio, and it might have even caused me to shed a tear or two at the very end, which was also unexpected. If you are a music lover, I think you'll dig the story. However, I HIGHLY recommend the full cast audio production because these narrators knocked it out of the park.

*I downloaded this audio from my local library. Libraries RULE!*