A PLAGUE OF PAGES by John F. Leonard

A Plague of Pages: A Horror Story from the Dead Boxes Archive - John F Leonard

The pen is mightier than the sword!

Anthony has been plagued by bad luck for most of his life, but has only recently discovered that. A victim of betrayal of the highest order, he's still reeling from losing everything. He's decided he's going to turn his life in a new direction and start doing what he's always wanted to do: write horror fiction. Then, into his life comes a new object. Will this object hinder his goal or help to make it real? You'll have to read this to find out!

Even though Anthony has been saddled with a few horrible events and gained my empathy, I found him to be unlikable. His neighbor, an older woman who just wants to look out for him, and brings him homemade food several times a day, he describes as: "A kaftanned battleship of a woman." Walking through a local mall Anthony thinks:" Not for the first time, it struck Anthony that he didn't really like people." (Though this thought I could completely identify with.)

This is a story from the Dead Boxes Archive. In this tale, the Scaethe is also mentioned which is a creature featured in Leonard's novel BAD PENNIES. I want to learn more about both! What's in that archive? What or Who is the Scaethe and why is it here? John Leonard knows how to make a person keep reading!

Highly recommended!

*I received a free e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest feedback. This is it!*