Halloween Pre-Party: Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies or Other?

The Wolf's Hour - Robert R. McCammon Everything Under the Moon: A Novel - Jeff Johnson The Delicate Dependency - Michael Talbot Hotel Transylvania - Chelsea Quinn Yarbro Dead of Night - Jonathan Maberry Jurassic, Florida  - Hunter Shea

This one is pretty tough for me, since I love a well written story about any of them.

I thought I'd mention a few of my favorites that aren't as popular as others in the genre.

The Wolf's Hour - Robert R. McCammon

A hot, dark haired, green-eyed werewolf spy during WWII. Nuff said.

Everything Under the Moon: A Novel - Jeff Johnson

A werewolf that only kills...killers.

(Like a Dexter of werewolves.)

Oh, and the werewolf cooks!

The Delicate Dependency - Michael Talbot

One of the major benefits of living forever-think of all the books you could read!

This novel involves vampires seeking knowledge. Knowledge about everything.

Literary and unique, I loved this book.

Hotel Transylvania - Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

This series is about a vampire, but they're not horror, they're historical fiction.

Extremely well researched and sometimes horrifying, (not because of vampire violence, but because of the customs in various countries over time, especially those regarding the treatment of women.) This may be one of the longest running series' ever.

Dead of Night - Jonathan Maberry

This series is cool because it features a zombie who is actually aware of what he is doing, due to a medical experiment gone wrong. Imagine yourself being a zombie and doing zombie-like things while being fully aware of it, and unable to stop it from happening.

Jurassic, Florida  - Hunter Shea

I love me a good creature feature and Hunter Shea writes some of the best ones out there. Who doesn't like to read about giant mutant lizards running amok? ;)

In short, I guess my answer is all of the above, plus some!