TERMINAL by Michaelbrent Collings

Terminal - Michaelbrent Collings

The Other: All in favor? ME: Aye!!

A group of people are in the middle of nowhere, USA, inside a bus terminal. A creepy fog comes rolling in and then, not surprisingly, a bus. This is no ordinary bus, though, and this is no ordinary fog either. Before they know it, they're trapped together, they're running out of time and only one of them will survive. What is going on here? You'll have to read this to find out!

I've read a few books by this author before, so I went into this one knowing that it would probably feature short chapters and memorable characters. As the story progresses, we get to know each of the people stuck at the terminal and we learn how they got there. I also knew that I couldn't trust any of it! Little by little we discover the secrets of each individual and this is what makes this different from your average thriller of this type: the characters.

I read one review where someone noted that this character background stuff was boring and got in the way of the action, but for me? If I want to see action, I'll go see a Terminator film. Part of what makes a good book for me is characters I care about. Even though many in this group were not good people, their background provided reasons why they got where they were. They weren't perfect but they were human.

I did find a little bit of repetition, but when you have one situation presented in different points of view, that can happen. I didn't find it overly bothersome, but because of it I did deduct one star.

Once I sat down last night to read the last third of the book-I knew I was going to stay sat until I finished it. I was turning pages like a hurricane wind came through and when everything wrapped up? I felt sad that it was over.

THE TERMINAL is a fun, fast-paced, mystery-thriller and I had a great time reading it!

Recommended!

*Thanks to the author for the e-ARC of this book in exchange for my honest feedback. This is it!*