THE HALF-FREAKS by Nicole Cushing

The Half-Freaks - Nicole Cushing

Harry keeps coming to visit Nicole so often, she had to write a book about him, and here it is. A twisted tale like NO other!

THE HALF-FREAKS defies neat genre labels; part character study, part weird tale, part awkwardly funny, it's hard to describe. Despite Harry vehemently stating often that he's no psycho like Norman Bates, (Nah! Nah!) he is still living with his mother, but he isn't a murderer. Or is he?

When his mother dies, Harry is forced to take part in the world, dealing with the hospital morgue and a less than savory funeral director. It's all way over his head..but not far enough so that he's going to let himself be ripped off.

Despite many disgusting traits, (this book delves deeply into them), there was something about Harry I found compelling. Even during his most repulsive actions, my eyes were glued to the page to see how it would all end up. I've been a fan of Nicole's work for a while now, and if this was any other author, I might have put this book down during an especially revolting moment Harry was having...with himself. But I trusted the author to bring it all home, which she did, just not in the way I expected.

Overall, THE HALF-FREAKS is guaranteed to be like nothing you've ever read before. Take that as a dare, if you will. I did!

Highly recommended!

Find out more and pre-order a copy here: THE HALF-FREAKS

*Thanks to Grimscribe Press for the paperback ARC of this novella in exchange for my honest feedback. This is it.*