THE HUNGRY ONES by Chris Sorensen

The Hungry Ones - Chris Sorensen

THE HUNGRY ONES is the second book in THE MESSY MAN series. I read it immediately after finishing the first. I'm so glad I did! Reading them back to back kept all the characters fresh in my mind.

The action starts at a motel which shut down after a gunman went crazy and killed a bunch of customers. I imagine it must be hard to rent rooms after such a tragedy. New characters are introduced as the motel is sold and then renovated. Not long after though, Peter, Hannah and their son come to stay and all hell breaks loose for them. Again.

I admit to being a bit confused at first regarding one of the characters, but as the story progressed, I got the hang of what was going on. It's much more complicated than it first appeared to be in THE NIGHTMARE ROOM. I enjoyed the heck out of the new characters introduced here, most especially Jessie. I was also very happy to see Ellen return from the first book. She's a quirky character and reminds me a bit of Holly from Stephen King's trilogy that started with MR. MERCEDES.

I think this book requires a bit more of the reader than the first one did, which was fine with me. There were more characters to deal with and there were a lot more scary scenes and boy, did I enjoy those! I also enjoyed the big cow and couldn't help but chuckle a few times. (You'll see if you read this.)

All in all, I enjoyed this tale. It was fast paced and kept me on my toes the entire time. For that reason, I highly recommend it! (I also recommend reading THE NIGHTMARE ROOM first.)

Get your copy here: THE HUNGRY ONES

*Thanks to the author for the paperback ARC of this book in exchange for my honest feedback. This is it!*