URNTOLD TALES OF HORROR AND DREAD by JB Lovet

UrnTold Tales of Horror and Dread: A Scary Short Story Collection - Felton Lovet

Seldom at a loss for words, here I sit, trying to figure out what to say about this collection.

In July, I was contacted by the author asking if I was interested in reading this book. Even though I was currently closed to new requests, I accepted with the provision that I wouldn't be able to read it until at least the end of the year. Well, here we are, December 26th, I've read it and I LOVED it and I'm sorry I had to wait so long before I could fit in to my schedule.

There were several stories here that were pure perfection, such as:

THE TOOTH FAIRY AND ITS FORMS ACROSS THE WORLD: Is there anything scarier than the dentist? How 'bout the Tooth Fairy?

I DON'T LIKE DOLLS: Nor do I but this story ROCKED!

MR. SPINS GAMES AND THINGS: OMG, still at a loss for words over this one!

ALONE IN THE SNOW: Have you ever been outside in the snow for a lengthy bit of time? The silence is scary. But the voices and the giggling are even worse.

RAMSGATE HOUSE: Picture an Air B&B rental with the only restriction being that you don't enter the basement. Would you then enter the basement?

THERE'S PIRATE TREASURE IN THE LAKE: A poignant tale that almost brought a tear to my eye.

There are bonus tales at the end of my paperback copy, ones that are not listed on the table of contents. I liked those too, most especially HOME AT LAST.

So, I have this book here-I absolutely adored it. (I just emailed the author about how much I adore it.) I find it strange that I cannot find this author on Twitter or on Goodreads or on the Facebooks. I don't even know this author's gender, age or anything else for that matter.

What I do know is that this book of tales is phenomenal! It's been a long, long time since a self-published work has stirred me up this much. The prose is polished, the book is excellently edited, (better than some from the big 6, to be honest), and I feel lost not being able to get in touch with this author RIGHT NOW to tell them how honored I am to have been chosen to read URNTOLD TALES.

My highest recommendation!

Get your copy here: URNTOLD TALES OF HORROR AND DREAD

*I received a paperback copy of this book in exchange for my honest feedback. This is it!*