SPUNGUNION by John Boden

Spungunion - John Boden

SPUNGUNION! This book deserves all the stars, your time and your attention.

Deke is a truck driving man who returns home from an overnight run to find that his wife has been murdered. He cannot get over it. He's hanging on by a thread and I think he finally wants to let go, but he has questions that need answering first. Will he get those answers? Will he survive the weight of his grief? You'll have to read this to find out.

Immersed in the world of Deke's grief, riding with him in his 18 wheeler, listening to Waylon on the radio...I was there. I could smell the stale cigarette smoke, I could feel the air coming through the windows, (cracked open a bit so the smoke could escape)...I was there. I accompanied Deke on his search for knowledge, even though we both knew that the outcome wouldn't be good. I was there with Tiny, I was there with the behemoth and his small servant, I was there feeling the regret, feeling Deke's need to know. I was there.

Once again, John Boden has pierced my heart with his subtle wording, his outstanding writing, and his big, big heart.

"The reality is this: Life is just a balloon floating dangerously in a room full of cigarettes. At any moment, second, day or week, Pop! And then everything as you know it is different or gone. Sometimes both."

This is my second time reading SPUNGUNION, the first time was back in 2017. I love it just as much now as I did back then. Maybe more, because there have been some Pops! in my life since that time. Those Pops! make you more aware, make you more grateful, because for some like Deke, those Pops! can spell the end.

This version of SPUNGUNION features the same marvelous introduction from Bracken MacLeod, and it also features a brand new short story: THE DRAWER. It was fabulous, as is everything that flows out from John Boden's hand.

I'm so happy to say that this novella will now be available to everyone- and every fan of dark fiction needs to read it. You need to immerse yourself in it and let it surround you. You will be better for it in the end. Perhaps you'll be more grateful and content when you're done? Because you never know when that Pop! is going to come.

My highest recommendation!

Available on January 15th, but you can pre-order here: SPUNGUNION

*Thanks to John Boden for the e-ARC of this beautiful novella in exchange for my honest feedback. As always, this is it!*