THE NEON RAIN by James Lee Burke, narrated by Will Patton

The Neon Rain  - James Lee Burke, Will Patton

A Twitter pal talked me into starting these books and I'm glad she did.

My husband and I went on a trip to New Orleans in 1995, (so pre-Katrina), and I loved it. To this day it was the best vacation we ever had and the very best food I ever ate. We went shortly after Mardi Gras and it was warm and beautiful. We visited the zoo and botanical gardens, had lunch on the banks of the Mississippi, rode a street car through the Garden District and had dinner in the French Quarter. This book took me back there completely. Not to the touristy areas though-not at all.

The writing here is top notch, and the characters are complicated-nothing is black and white. I developed a real feeling for Dave Robicheaux and I am looking forward to reading more of the series.

I bought this audio with my hard earned cash through Audible, but I won't be buying the second one from them! (See below)

**A note to Audible-What is up with the severely abridged version of the audio for book 2? It's only 3 hours long and many reviews are complaining about that. Looks like I'll be doing some actual reading on the second book.**