THE FOREVER HOUSE by Tim Waggoner

The Forever House - Tim Waggoner

THE FOREVER HOUSE has to be one of the craziest books I've ever read and I mean that in the best way possible!

The Eldreds move into "The Blood House." That's what the neighbors call it, anyway. They call it that due to the extremely violent end to the Raines family, which used to live there. Standing uninhabited for many years, the Eldreds understandably cause a buzz of excitement upon their arrival. Shortly thereafter, the neighbors each receive an invitation to dinner at the Eldreds' house, and their lives will never be the same again!

I will inject a bit of real life into this review by saying that the whole COVID-19 thing was going on while I read this. I've had some real trouble concentrating on my reading during this time, EXCEPT FOR the time I spent reading this book. It was creative, funny and scary enough to provide a real distraction from life for me. For that I am extremely grateful.

That said, there was one portion, or perhaps I'll say one character, that was pretty damn silly. And maybe if I had read this during a different time, that would have put me off of this book. However, I DID read it through this terrible time and it provided a good enough escape for me that I was able to overlook that.

THE FOREVER HOUSE was quite a bit of fun, it was creative and original and perhaps most importantly, it distracted me from the horror that is the daily news.

Recommended!

*Thanks to Flame Tree Press for the paperback ARC of this book in exchange for my honest feedback. This is it!*